Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Beer in my Backyard????

          So what exactly does Beer in my Backyard mean? Do I literally have a fermentation tank behind my house where I make sweet sweet boozey magic? Not exactly. Well I suppose I could, but that's not really what I'm going for here.
          I chose this name because I think that the title really applies to what we are seeing in the craft beer community at this very moment. In my backyard, it feels like every time I turn around there is a great new local brew to try. Connecticut breweries are starting to pop up at a larger rate than at any time in our states past (a trend that is common in almost all other states), and are beginning to make a mark far past New England. Last year, I saw the inaugural Mohegon Sun BrewFest pop up out of nowhere to bring people from near and far together for a great introduction to some of the great beer that this state has to offer.
          With the growth of this industry, and the variety and sheer amount of beer available from great breweries constantly increasing, we see a direct reflection when we go into Whole Foods Market, or our local beer cave alike. There is a lot of freaking great beer out there!!! The demand is high and people are willing to try anything that isn't associated with the Rockies (sorry guys :( ). Bars are also catching on and I've started seeing higher quality and "harder" to get beers on menus all over the state. On a visit to The Ginger Man (thanks Casey!) last year, I was treated to one of the best beer menus that I have seen to date. I recommend going out of your way for experiences like these because this is just what they are..... experiences.
          This blog goes well beyond the idea of popping the tab, or clawing the cap off of your favorite brew. It's about living this experience to the fullest and sharing your "backyard" stories with everyone. This isn't just about me and my "backyard". This is about a collective discovery and adventure in "our" beer world. Hopefully, any of you who really do enjoy good beer can think of something whether it be a specific beer, a great bar, or a memorable experience (or anything in between) that is worth sharing. This was intended to be your blog as much as it is mine. So I implore you, go out and live the experience... tell the world what your "backyard" has to offer.

@CTbeerfiend

No comments:

Post a Comment